Monday, February 01, 2010

c is for bacon cookies

I was at a party last summer when I first had a taste of the bacon cookie. The baker said that it is imperative that everyone has their own cookie recipe. Since I buy cookie dough on the regular, finding a chocolate chip cookie would be a task. It was a long search but thanks to Tastespotting I found a chocolate chip recipe that I can see myself using for the rest of my life. Found on the blog Lovin' From the Oven.

* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 3/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
* 1 cup packed brown sugar
* 1/2 cup white sugar
* 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
* 1 egg
* 1 egg yolk
* 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

1. Sift together the flour, baking soda and salt; set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the melted butter, brown sugar and white sugar until well blended. Beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk until light and creamy. Mix in the sifted ingredients until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand using a wooden spoon.
3. Refrigerate the dough for at least an hour. When it's time, Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
4. Drop cookie dough 1/4 cup at a time onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
5. Bake for 15 to 17 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the edges are lightly toasted. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.

Orignal Post


I think the key is the vanilla extract. Every other recipe uses one teaspoon.





So I used this recipe and added bacon and yay! Not to worry, unkneesaw is observing a swine free diet so I reserved half on the dough for just regular cookies.

No comments: