Wednesday, November 16, 2011

"I don't like gourmet cooking or "this" cooking or "that" cooking. I like good cooking."

When we do decide to eat at restaurants, we do it right!  Like James Beard said, "I like good cooking."

 
Beast hash with a poached duck egg. Beast, Portland, OR
Farm Fusion.  The Waffle Window, Portland, OR
 Mac and Cheese Flight. Blacksmith, Bend, OR
 
1/2 a Slow Burger 1/2 Fall Burger. The best french fries next to The Pike in Long Beach.  Slow Bar, Portland, OR.

These nuts and dried cherry are from home.  I eat this combination everyday.  Nuts are the best!  True it is not cooked but having bulk nuts has come in especially handy for crusted fish, sauteed spinach, and my Thanksgiving stuffing trial run. They store well in the fridge.  They can last up to nine months.

Dried cherry, almond, and a walnut. Costco.



No comments: