Thursday, December 08, 2011

Cookie pusher

While I STILL haven't even started shopping....well not entirely true.  I have Anissa's present.  Anyway, gifts for the masses, i.e coworkers, neighbors, surprise pop in guests are pretty easy to tackle. While baking isn't my thing, these Lump O Coal Chocolate Crinkly Cookies, make great presents to those person's listed above.  I like to call these crack cookies. Not only do they have the fissures to match but they are as addictive as the street drug with the same name.  I have a label punch and I used return address stickers to make the cute Naughty tag.  I mean they are lumps of coal. Let's face it, we have probably all done something this year that would land us on Santa's Naughty List.   The batch will yield 50 cookies! Enjoy, I know Shane and I did! 


Lump O' Coal Chocolate Crinkly Cookies

1/2 cup vegetable oil
4oz unsweetened baking chocolate (melted and cooled)
2 cups of Granulated sugar
2 cups of all purpose flour
4 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoons of salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 cup of confectioner sugar


In a large mixing bowl, mix oil, chocolate, granulated sugar and vanilla until combined. Stir in eggs one at a time.  Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until well combined.  Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or overnight.

When ready heat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease baking pan or line with parchment paper.

Using a tablespoon, scoop and drop dough into confectioner sugar and roll around into a ball.   Place them on sheet about 2 inches apart. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes.  When ready remove from sheet and place on cooling rack.

Using wrapping tissue paper package neatly with a bow and tag.  Give to anyone on the naughty list this year! 

No comments: